October 3, 2018 | Madison, Wisconsin
On October 3, 2018, following its Best Practices in Testing Mini-Conference, NCBE hosted a mini-seminar at its Madison headquarters directed specifically toward new bar admission administrators who had attended the Mini-Conference.
The goal of the mini-seminar was to build on the information provided in the Best Practices in Testing Mini-Conference by familiarizing new bar admission administrators with other resources and services offered by NCBE.
- Introduction to the Council of Bar Admission Administrators (CBAA)
- Investigations basics, NCBE investigative services, and mental health questions
- Information technology services for jurisdictions
- Nonstandard testing materials (for examinees requesting ADA accommodations, such as large-print booklets and Braille versions)
- Post–test administration procedures
- NCBE publications and website
- NCBE meetings and educational offerings
The program concluded with a Q&A session and open discussion.
- Alaska: Pennelopy Lawson, Admissions Manager
- California: Amy Nuñez, Interim Director, Admissions
- Colorado: Joanne Dionese, Assistant Bar Administrator; Dawn McKnight, Deputy Regulation Counsel; Sharon Orlowski, Exam Administrator
- Georgia: Heidi Faenza, Director of Admissions
- Iowa: Dan Saar, Assistant Director for Admissions
- Kansas: Barry Garrison, Administrator
- Nebraska: Carole McMahon-Boies, Director of Admissions
- Ohio: Gina Palmer, Director of Attorney Services
- Also in attendance were Marilyn J. Wellington, Executive Director of the Massachusetts Board of Bar Examiners and 2018–2019 CBAA Chair; and Michele A. Gavagni, Executive Director of the Florida Board of Bar Examiners and 2018–2019 NCBE Board of Trustees Chair.